Triumph TR2-4A Gearbox Conversion Kit 5 Speed Mazda
Prices are exclusive of VAT
Available - Despatched 1-2 business days after order receipt
Vitesse Gearbox Conversion kit, designed to perfectly replace your existing Triumph gearbox, using the proven Mazda MX-5 Mk3 5 Speed Transmission.
Gearbox fitting service available.
Due to the variations in the traditional Triumph clutches, we now include a new diaphragm spring clutch cover assembly in all kits.
Suitable for all Triumphs 1952-67 TR2-4A's.
Now with a gear knob that perfectly complements your vehicle's interior.
Our kit includes the following:
- NEW Mazda MX-5 5 Speed Transmission:
- Vitesse Gearbox Case
- Vitesse Bellhousing
- Vitesse Machined Billet Front Plate
- Modified rear case with Mazda mechanical Speedo Drive Assembly
- Mazda MX-5 OE Clutch Friction Plate
- Bespoke Shift Lever and Shift Knob kept in original position
- Concentric Slave Cylinder Assembly
- Braided Clutch Pipe and remote Bleed Pipe for easy bleeding
- Prop Shaft
- Spigot Bush with Mazda OE needle roller bearing assembly
- Speedo Drive Cable
- Gearbox Rear Mount Bracket Assembly and Isolator
- Complete UNF fixings kit
- Clutch Alignment Tool
The gearbox comes fully assembled including the clutch slave cylinder assembly so the fitting is only as complicated as replacing an original gearbox. We even include a Mazda clutch alignment tool to assist with assembly!
We use all OE Mazda components where possible, ensuring parts quality and also serviceability.
All brackets are electrocoated ensuring maximum resistance to corrosion.
The all alloy case means significant weight savings can be achieved with this kit, up to 13.5kg compared to the MGB Overdrive box!
|Gear||Ratio - Mazda Transmission|
These gear ratios work perfectly in the Triumph. Furthermore, the standard gear ratios of the Mazda gearbox are similar to the Ford Type 9 close ratio gear set, which attracts a significant premium over the standard Ford Type 9 gearbox!
12 months manufacturing defect warranty offered on all parts.