1967-76 Triumph TR5/ TR250/ TR6 Gearbox Conversion Kit 5 Speed Mazda
Prices are exclusive of VAT
Built to order - Despatched 10-15 business days after order receipt
TR5/ TR6 GEARBOX CONVERSION KIT
- Fits exactly in place of your existing Triumph TR5/ TR6 gearbox
- Improves feel and power delivery
- Reduces weight
- Comes fully assembled
- Gear ratios suit TR5/ TR6 perfectly
- Easily fitted by anyone who could fit a standard Triumph TR5/ TR6 gearbox
- No drilling or cutting of your classic Triumph TR5/ TR6
- Full fitting instructions provided
- High-quality OE Mazda parts
- Period correct gear knob
- Electrocoated parts
- Gearbox fitting service available in the UK
- Worldwide shipping
- 12-month parts defects warranty
- Suitable for all Triumphs 1967-76 TR5/ TR6
- In the USA or Canada? Visit our North America distributor Moss Motors
Owing to the success of our gearboxes for both MG and Morgan Motor Company vehicles, we are in the process of expanding our range. In the coming weeks, we will be adding the first of our Triumph TR5/ TR6 gearboxes to our inventory.
These new TR5/ TR6 gearboxes will be based on the same great Mazda MX-5 base unit with model-specific alterations, meaning a perfect fit in your pride and joy.
What’s in the kit?
- NEW Mazda MX-5 5 Speed Transmission:
- Vitesse Gearbox Case
- Vitesse Bellhousing
- Vitesse Machined Billet Front Plate
- Modified rear case with Mazda mechanical Speedo Drive Assembly
- Mazda MX-5 OE Clutch Friction Plate
- Bespoke Shift Lever and Shift Knob kept in original position
- Concentric Slave Cylinder Assembly
- Braided Clutch Pipe and remote Bleed Pipe for easy bleeding
- Prop Shaft
- Spigot Bush with Mazda OE needle roller bearing assembly
- Speedo Drive Cable
- Gearbox Rear Mount Bracket Assembly and Isolator
- Complete UNF fixings kit
- Clutch Alignment Tool
Can I fit the Triumph TR5/ TR6 gearbox kit myself?
The quick answer here is yes.
If you are an enthusiastic and competent home mechanic, who is comfortable removing and replacing your TR5/ TR6 gearbox, then you are all set. This kit will be no harder to fit than a regular TR5/ TR6 gearbox, as it is designed specifically to fit your car.
For those less well versed or less interested, we provide a fitting service at our facility in Leicestershire. Here, your vehicle will be worked on by the team that developed the gearbox itself.
If Leicestershire is a touch far, we are happy to ship one of our units directly to your chosen mechanic and work with them directly, were there to be any technical questions regarding installation.
If you are still unsure, take a look at our installation instructions.
Gearbox reviews and features
With our TR5/ TR6 gearboxes being entirely new, as yet we have not had any kits available for media tests. In lieu of specific reviews, we think it worthwhile to share reviews of our very well-received MG gearboxes:
Lighten the load:
The all-alloy case used in the creation of our Triumph TR6 gearbox means significant weight savings can be achieved with this kit.
The perfect ratio:
Our gearboxes work brilliantly with Triumphs, owing to their slick change, perfect positioning and ideal set of gear ratios.
|Gear||Ratio - Mazda Transmission|
Still unsure about upgrading? Ask us anything
We receive questions about our gearboxes from people all over the world and with all levels of mechanical understanding, so if there is anything you would like to know, no question is too big and no question is too small.
Drop us a line on:
Tel: +44 (0)1455 611230