Triumph TR8 & TR7 V8 5 Speed Mazda Gearbox Conversion Kit
Prices are exclusive of VAT
Built to order - Despatched 10-15 business days after order receipt
- Fits exactly in place of your existing TR8 or TR7 V8 gearbox
- Improves feel and power delivery
- Reduces weight
- Comes fully assembled
- Gear ratios suit perfectly
- Easily fitted by anyone who could fit a standard Triumph gearbox
- No drilling or cutting of your classic Triumph
- Full fitting instructions provided
- Period correct gear knob
- Electrocoated parts
- Gearbox fitting service available in the UK
- Worldwide shipping
- 12-month parts defects warranty
Suitable for all Triumph TR8s and TR7s converted to V8
- In the USA or Canada? Visit our North America distributor Moss Motors
It is with great pride that we're able to make 2019 the year that we introduce our gearboxes to a brand new range of classic cars. Owing to the success of our MX-5 derived gearboxes for use in MG and Morgan Motor Company vehicles, we have been able to expand our reach, to cover the TR8 and the TR7 V8.
What’s in the kit?
- NEW Mazda MX-5 5 Speed Transmission:
- Vitesse Gearbox Case
- Vitesse Bellhousing
- Vitesse Machined Billet Front Plate
- Modified rear case with Mazda mechanical Speedo Drive Assembly
- Mazda MX-5 OE Clutch Friction Plate
- Bespoke Shift Lever and Shift Knob kept in original position
- Concentric Slave Cylinder Assembly
- Braided Clutch Pipe and remote Bleed Pipe for easy bleeding
- Prop Shaft
- Spigot Bush with Mazda OE needle roller bearing assembly
- Speedo Drive Cable
- Gearbox Rear Mount Bracket Assembly and Isolator
- Complete UNF fixings kit
- Clutch Alignment Tool
Can I fit the kit myself?
In short, yes. If you are confident removing and installing a standard Triumph gearbox will have no trouble fitting one of our kits. Everything has been specifically designed to match your vehicle, so there is no need to bodge anything - it will all sit just so.
If, however, your mechanical skill stops short of gearbox installation, we’ve got you covered. We can deliver your new gearbox straight to your chosen mechanic and speak directly to him (or her), should they have any questions regarding the install.
We also offer a Triumph gearbox installation service from our facility in Leicestershire - the ideal choice if you are UK-based.
Gearbox reviews and features
With our TR gearboxes being entirely new, as yet we have not had any kits available for media tests. In lieu of specific reviews, we think it worthwhile to share reviews of our very well-received MG gearboxes:
Shed some lbs:
The all-alloy casing of our gearbox means significant weight savings can be achieved with this kit - up to 23kg compared to the R380!
The perfect ratio:
The gear ratios of our MX-5 gearbox work perfectly in the TR7 V8 & TR8, utilising the extra torque delivery of the V8 brilliantly.
|Gear||Ratio - Mazda Transmission|
Still unsure about upgrading? Ask us anything
We live and breathe gearboxes and receive questions about our kits from all around the world. If there is anything you would like to know about our products, do not hesitate to get in touch.
Drop us a line on:
Tel: +44 (0)1455 611230