Morgan Plus8 5 Speed Mazda Gearbox Conversion Kit
Prices are exclusive of VAT
Available - Despatched 2-3 business days after order receipt
- Fits exactly in place of your existing gearbox
- Improves feel and power delivery
- Reduces weight
- Comes fully assembled
- Gear ratios suit perfectly
- Easily fitted by anyone who could fit a standard Morgan gearbox
- Full fitting instructions provided
- High-quality OE Mazda parts
- Electrocoated parts
- Gearbox fitting service available in the UK
- Worldwide shipping
- 12-month warranty and support
- Suitable for the Morgan Plus8, 1972-2004
- In the USA or Canada? Visit our North America distributor Moss Motors
Please note that due to the hand built nature of these vehicles, there may be some small modifications required to the chassis on a small percentage of installations. We do endeavour on most of our kits to ensure no modification is required, but due to the number of changes made to the Plus 8 over its long production life, some interference may occur. This must be assessed on a case by case basis and we will work with each customer before and after the sale to ensure the installation goes as smoothly as possible.
The Vitesse Gearbox Conversion Kit uses the proven Mazda MX-5 Mk3 5 Speed Transmission, as fitted by Morgan to their current Classic vehicle line.
What’s in the kit?
- NEW Mazda MX-5 5 Speed Transmission:
- Vitesse Gearbox Case
- Vitesse Bellhousing
- Vitesse Machined Billet Front Plate
- Modified rear case with Mazda mechanical Speedo Drive Assembly
- Bespoke Clutch Friction Plate
- OE Clutch Cover
- Bellhousing Dirt Shield
- Bespoke Shift Lever and Shift Knob kept in original position
- Concentric Slave Cylinder Assembly
- Braided Clutch Pipe and remote Bleed Pipe for easy bleeding
- Prop Shaft
- Spigot Bush with Mazda OE needle roller bearing assembly
- Speedo Drive Cable
- Gearbox Rear Mount Bracket Assembly and Isolator
- Complete Geomet coated UNF fixings kit
- Clutch Alignment Tool
Can I fit the kit myself?
The short answer is yes. If you are a confident mechanic, capable of removing and installing a standard Morgan gearbox you will have no trouble in fitting one of our kits, as everything has been specifically designed to match your Morgan - no bodges here!
If, however, your mechanical skill stops short of gearbox installation, we’ve got you covered. We offer an in-house fitting service at our HQ in Leicestershire, UK, where the team that designed and build our Morgan replacement gearboxes, will fit your box for you.
If Leicester seems like a bit of a stretch of a journey, we can ship your gearbox directly to a mechanic of your choosing and deal directly with them, should they have any questions regarding best practice during the install.
Unsure if you could fit our Morgan gearbox yourself? Take a look at our installation instructions.
Want to lighten the load?
The all-alloy case on our Morgan replacement gearboxes means significant weight savings can be achieved with this kit- up to 23kg compared to the R380!
The perfect ratio:
Our gearbox is the ideal replacement for your Morgan gearbox.
|Gear||Ratio - Mazda Transmission|
Still unsure about upgrading? Ask us anything!
We get questions about our gearboxes all the time, on Facebook, email, over the phone; from mechanics, home mechanics and those who really are unsure of where to turn to find a gearbox replacement and we happily answer them all!
If you want to know anything at all about our gearboxes, you can contact us on:
Tel: +44 (0)1455 611230