MGB V8 Conversion
Prices are exclusive of VAT
Available - Despatched 2-3 business days after order receipt
Turn your post ‘68 MGB into the MGB “which the factory should have made but didn't”
This incredible conversion package, fitted by our team of engineers at our HQ in Leicestershire, turns your standard post-1968 MGB into a 4-litre V8, with a 5-speed gearbox - that is sure to astound you!
The complete V8 Conversion includes all the necessary ancillary components to deliver a perfectly matched package of silky smooth Vitesse Global gearbox with the well-proven torquey V8 engine, fitted, tested and guaranteed for one price. The resultant turn-key well-balanced drivers car, complete with V8 soundtrack, was referred to by rally legend Paddy Hopkirk MBE as an absolute “no-brainer”, after a thorough test drive.
What We Do
When your MGB is delivered to us at our HQ in Hinkley Leicestershire the very first thing we’ll do it take it for a spin. While being out in an MGB is always fun, we’ll actually be taking it for a drive and then thoroughly checking it over in order to draw up a condition report.
This allows us to give an accurate full quotation, inclusive of any remedial, ensuring the vehicle is in tiptop condition for this significant power upgrade.
Once any remedial work is agreed, we’ll begin the process by completely removing you car’s powertrain assembly, back axle and all, before steam cleaning the entire engine bay and underbody.
We’ll cut, finish and perfect new front inner wing apertures for exhaust manifolds, entirely refurbish the rear axle and have a new 3.07:1 ring and pinion fitted by our specialist 3rd party.
At this point, if you have elected to, we will give the car a full Schutz underseal, after which, your refurbished rear axle will be refitted.
The fun really starts with the installation of the new, fully tested, powertrain. We’ll complete all wiring and plumbing in as neat and tidy a fashion as is possible.
Finally, we’ll fit uprated front disc brakes and pads, and recalibrate the speedo. We’ll make sure everything is running perfectly and then we’ll hand it over to you for your very first drive - cue arm hairs standing on end.
All parts are brand new.
- 4 litre V8 cross-bolted large main bearing alloy Rover V8 engine
- Edelbrock carburettor, air filter and intake system OR upgrade to FiTech electronic fuel Injection
- SD1 sump
- Bespoke front cover with large capacity oil pump, alternator, poly V belt & water pump
- Optimum 4.0-litre camshaft
- JWR low rise inlet manifold
- Fuel filter and pressure regulator
- Alloy rocker covers. (MG design if requested)
- New modified distributor and lead set
- Ignition coil
- High torque starter motor
- Stainless 4 into 1 exhaust manifolds
- Remote oil filter assembly with oil cooler hoses
- Standard OR optional silicone hose set
- Lightened / balanced flywheel with clutch and disc assembly
- Needle roller spigot bush
- Concentric clutch slave cylinder with Aeroquip feed & bleed hoses
- Vitesse V8 to Mazda alloy bellhousing
- Vitesse Mazda 5-speed gearbox
- Vitesse rear gearbox mounting assembly
- 3.07 : 1 Crown wheel & pinion
- Vitesse gear lever
- Stainless large bore exhaust system with single rear silencer
- Uprated front brake discs & pads
- Large-capacity radiator
- Revotec twin fan system with automatic controller
- 16-row oil cooler with braided hoses
This incredible upgrade, which genuinely improves almost all aspects of your driving experience is available fully fitted and finished for £17,500 + VAT - subject to remedial works. The resultant package is arguably the best value for money classic sports car available today.
Book your V8 upgrade today! Or call or email us to find out more about the incredible conversion package.
Drop us a line on:
Tel: +44 (0)1455 611230